Hilton Head Regional Habitat for Humanity could not help partner families realize their dream of homeownership without the help of many dedicated volunteers. If you would like to help, please read on. No experience required!
Build days are typically Tuesday through Friday with occasional Saturdays.
No construction experience is needed, as skilled supervision will be provided. Please do not come directly to the build site, but sign up in advance through our online sign-up (link below). Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your shift for sign in.
Due to the pandemic, volunteers must abide by the following protocol while on the construction site:
- Masks will be required when working on the jobsite. (We have masks onsite.) Frequent breaks should be taken while working.
- Staff will be monitoring social distancing on the site.
- Staff will also monitor heat indexes and may make the decision to close the site or stop work early.
- There are two hand washing stations at the site and volunteers will be asked to wash hands frequently. Hand sanitizer will also be available.
- Sanitizing wipes will be available for cleaning tools frequently. Volunteers should avoid the dual use or sharing of tools. When necessary to share, tools should be sanitized prior to transferring to a new user. Volunteers may be asked at the end of the workday to help disinfect the tools and hard hats they used.
- Each volunteer must bring his or her own work gloves.
- One person will be designated to do cutting each day.
- We will continue to provide water for volunteers. However, volunteers should bring their own snacks.
Volunteers must be at least 16 years old to work on a Habitat construction site, and 16- and 17-year old volunteers must be scheduled in advance through our Volunteer Coordinator.
Prior to signing up for volunteer hours, you must review the Work Crew Safety Manual. After review of the Work Crew Safety Manual, adults must complete an English or Spanish version of the Volunteer Agreement and Liability Waiver. Minors (under 18) must have a parent or legal guardian sign on their behalf. Please submitted completed paperwork to JanHunter@habitathhi.org. As soon as your paperwork has been processed you will receive your official Habitat name tag and may sign up for volunteer construction work hours using the link below.
Groups of 3 or more should contact our volunteer coordinator at JanHunter@habitathhi.org or 843.681.5864 to schedule in advance.