Make an Impact in Your Community
Thank you for your interest in becoming a construction volunteer.
We could not help local families realize their dream of homeownership without the help of dedicated volunteers.
Roughly 80% of the labor performed on a Habitat house is completed by construction volunteers. In a given year, that means 300 – 400 volunteers come out to help build houses for local families in need of safe, decent, affordable homes. So when we say “We couldn’t do this without you!” – we mean it!
Currently, we are building a two-phase, 32 home community on Hilton Head off Marshland Road called The Glen.
- No prior construction experience is needed.
- Skilled foreman are onsite to teach and supervise you at all times.
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years old. Volunteers age 16 or 17 must register with our volunteer coordinator directly.
- Regular volunteer hours are Tuesday – Friday, 8:00AM – 12:00PM.
- Group volunteer days, team builders, and Saturdays may be scheduled with our volunteer coordinator directly.
- Activities range from building, caulking, landscaping, painting and everything in between.
- Every morning at 7:45AM, the construction manager will review the activities and safety procedures for the day. (Please arrive 15 minutes early to be present for this morning meeting).
- Construction will be canceled in instances of
inclement weather including, severe heat, rain and storms.
- Two handwashing stations and hand sanitizer are avialble on site. We encourage frequent hand washing.
- Volunteers should avoid sharing tools, but when sharing is neccessary, tools must be sanitized between users.
- Volunteers must bring thier own work gloves.
- Volunteers may be asked to disinfect thier tools, hats, or work areas at the end of each shift.
3 Steps to Become a Volunteer
- Review the Work Crew Safety Manual.
- Complete an English or Spanish version of the Volunteer Agreement and Liability Waiver. Minors (under 18) must have a parent or legal guardian sign on their behalf. Please submit completed paperwork to JanHunter@habitathhi.org or print and bring with you to your first volunteer shift.
- Registering online before arriving on site.
Volunteer Location: 48 Alex Patterson Rd, Hilton Head, SC 29926
Questions? Contact our volunteer coordinator, Jan Hunter, at email@example.com or 843.681.5864.