Hilton Head Regional Habitat for Humanity and Thrivent are partnering with the local faith community, pooling power and passion, to put God’s love into action to raise roofs, walls, funds, and prayers to build the 2021 Faith Build house — a safe, affordable home that will help the Pinckney family find greater strength, stability, and self-reliance.
The 2021 Faith Build home is being built in The Glen, a two-phase, 32 home community on Hilton Head Island off Alex Patterson Road. Construction of the Faith Build began at the Wall Raising Ceremony on July 10th and will continue through the end of 2021.
This project provides opportunities for local churches, community members, volunteers, and Thrivent clients to be part of the solution to substandard housing in the Lowcountry — improving our community and changing lives forever.
2021 Faith Build Partners
LowCountry Community Church
Church of the Palms United Methodist
Bluffton United Methodist Church
Christ Lutheran Church
Lowcountry Presbyterian Church
Hilton Head Island Community Church
St. Francis by the Sea
Providence Presbyterian Church
Red Dam Baptist Church
Help your congregation meet their fundraising goal.
Make a generous donation today.
Church Partnership Opportunities
The 2021 Faith Build is an opportunity to live out your church’s ministry, engage your members and see the miracle that occurs when God touches the hearts of new homeowners and the volunteers who work alongside them.
This project gives your members a concrete way to put their faith into action and see tangible results. But that’s just the beginning, it also:
- Builds community within your congregation
- Empowers members to serve in the community.
- Gives people of faith an opportunity to engage in construction and non-construction activities and serve others.
- Helps build community among all faith groups.
Chose how you serve
There are many ways for members to get involved in the 2021 Faith Build — on and off the construction site.
Serve on the construction site:
- Join us in The Glen on Hilton Head (48 Alex Patterson Rd) Tuesday – Friday, 8:00AM-12:00PM by registering online.
- Schedule a Saturday Serve Day from 8:00AM-12:00PM for a group of 15 volunteers.
*Tools, training and supervision are provided on-site.
*No construction experience required.
Other ways to serve:
- Serve as the Faith Build Coordinator for your church.
- Organize on-site volunteer days for your members.
- Help make a fundraiser happen.
- Make a financial contribution.
- Provide lunch for on-site volunteers.
- Create a welcome basket, cleaning basket, or other special items for the homeowner family.
- Participate at the wall raising and house dedication ceremony.
- Form a prayer group.
- Take photography during a volunteer day or fundraising event.
Faith Build Interest Form